LA Judge Award Competition
Australasia’s most prestigious annual baking prize recognises the best young baking apprentice in Australia and New Zealand.
Each year bakers who are just about to finish – or have recently finished – their apprenticeship compete for the honour of the LA Judge title.
Each Australian state, and New Zealand, has the opportunity to nominate a competitor 25 years or younger. These young bakers’ skills are evaluated in areas of practical baking, technical knowledge and communication abilities during the three days of competition.
Recognising these skills ensures the development of a strong baking industry through encouragement of leadership.
- One candidate to be nominated from each Australian State and Territory, as well as New Zealand.
- Each candidate must be 25 years of age or younger as of the 1st January in the year of competition.
- Candidates must not have completed their formal studies more than 24 months* prior to 1st January in the year of competition.
- Employment must be within the baking industry.
- Must live and work in the State or Territory of nomination.
- No candidate may compete on more than one occasion.
- Candidates are nominated through State Baking Associations.
* This will only apply to the 2022 competition.