This post is current as of April/May 2021.
AEGIC is Australia’s leading organisation for market insight, innovation and applied solutions for the grains industry.
We leverage our technical know-how, market insight and innovation capabilities to find and deliver practical solutions that create value for the Australian grains industry.
We are currently building our technical capacity in grain quality, processing technology and innovation at our Perth headquarters, and are seeking talented people to contribute.
Join AEGIC at this exciting phase of our development. We offer flexible working hours, health and wellbeing programs, a great culture, and an engaging and supportive environment.
If you have a passion for agriculture, grains, cereals, pulses, legumes, food science, food technology, consumer science and innovation, you might be our next expert.
If you are a hardworking, committed, career-oriented team player with a passion for industry-good services we might have a position for you!
What you will do:
- Use your technical expertise and genuine interest in agriculture, grains and food manufacturing industries to carry out quality testing and reporting of the results to the various players in the Australian grains industry.
- Provide technical support for research surveys and laboratory activities.
- Contribute to the development of innovative processes to enhance the use of Australian grain and end-product quality.
- Use your technical knowledge to address grain quality and processing technical activities (e.g., test baking, food innovation, Asian products).
- Conduct grain, flour and end-product testing, analysis and reporting for internal and external clients.
- Execute experimental designs for technical activities.
- Support in-market activities of various programs (wheat, barley, oats).
- Write, implement and develop new methods with a focus on various Asian flour-based products.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the value chain.
Who you are:
- Tertiary qualified in a Food Science, Cereal Chemistry, Agriculture or a similar discipline.
- A confident individual who is team-oriented.
- Passionate about grains, with keen interest and expertise in grain quality, processing and customer requirements for end-products.
- Passionate about food science with key interest in process innovation, health and nutrition.
- Hard working, dedicated, striving for better outcomes individual.
- Flexible and dedicated to a career in grains industry.
- Previous experience in a grain processing and / or food manufacturing environment.