AEGIC is a dynamic research, development and market intelligence organisation focused on increasing value in the Australian grains industry.
We have offices in Perth and Sydney staffed by highly qualified and experienced scientists and industry experts.
Benefits of working with AEGIC
This dynamic and innovative organisation offers you family-friendly flexible working conditions, wellbeing initiatives and a workplace where your personal and professional development is supported.
AEGIC strives to be an employer of choice and is committed to supporting a values-based culture that drives our vision and facilitates a safe, harmonious and productive workplace.
AEGIC’s three core values are Respect, Connect and Strive
The Values Touchstone is integrated into everything the business does including how AEGIC recruits, manages, communicates, recognises and interacts with our staff, clients, collaborators and the wider community.
Applications close 5pm Friday 9 August, 2019
The Grain Quality Technical Officer provides support to AEGIC’s grain product laboratory, research and development and international in-market activities. This position helps improve Australian grain quality and functionality and assists with the development of innovative processing technologies for users of Australian grain. This role requires the ability to support the work of a highly skilled technical team.
• Provide high-level technical support to grain quality and grain research activities as required, working in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Assess all grain received for quality and identify defects.
• Clean, blend and subsample grain for milling and subsequent analysis.
• Conduct grain testing, check and upload data.
• Support method development for testing to GTA standards.
• Provide grain quality expertise to R&D team.
• Maintain the order and cleanliness of the receivals laboratory.
• Manage storage and inventory of samples.
• Use knowledge of AQIS inspection requirements and protocols in relation to receiving grain samples and sending samples interstate and internationally.
• As directed provide routine technical support in grain and malt quality analysis.
• Assist with maintenance of laboratory and experimental equipment.
• Assist in other grain research and development programs within AEGIC’s Annual Operating Plan as directed by the Grain Quality Laboratory Manager (i.e. barley, oats, canola, or lupins).
Please note: closing date may change depending on number of applications receivedView Full Job Description (179 KB, pdf)